- With White, make Basic Hat#1 through Rnd 4.
- Rnd 5: Working in front loop only, ch 1, sc in I same st as joining, skip 12 dc, 5 dc in next dc, skip 2 dc, * sc in next dc, skip next 2 dc, 5 dc in next dc, skip next 2 dc; repeat from * around; join with slip st to first sc, finish off.
- Rnd 6: With right side facing and working in free loops, join Brown with slip st in same st as joining, ch 3, dc in each dc around; join with slip st to first dc.
- Rnds 7 and 8: Ch 3, dc in next dc and in each dc around; join with slip st to first dc.
Ribbing: Work same as Ribbing for Basic Hat #1.
- Cherry-Rnd 1: With Red, ch 4, work 11 dc in fourth ch from hook; join with slip st to top of beginning ch: 12 sts.
- Rnd 2: Ch 2, hde in each dc around; join with slip st to first hdc; finish off leaving a length for sewing.
Add a small amount of stuffing (or scrap yarn). Thread needle with yarn end and weave through remaining sts; pull tightly to close and secure end. Sew cherry to top of cupcake.
Optional: Embroider pastel colored "sprinkles" on top of cupcake.