- With Light Brown, make Basic Hat #4. Large Rose
- With Light Pink and using smaller size hook, ch 4; join with slip st to first ch to form a ring.
- Rnd 1: Ch 1, work (sc, ch 4) 4 times in ring; join with slip st to first sc: 4 ch-4 sps.
- Rnd 2: Ch 1, work (sc, 3 dc, sc) in each ch-4 sp around; join with slip st to first sc: 4 Petals.
- Rnd 3: Ch 1, sc in same st, ch 3, keeping petals to front of work, sc in back of first petals, ch 3, (sc between petals, ch 3) around; join with slip st in first sc: 5 ch-3 sps.
- Rnd 4: Repeat Rnd 2.
- Finish off leaving a length for sewing.
- Twist first petal made to form center petal and sew in place.
Large Leaf: Ch 7, 2 dc in fourth ch from hook, dc in next ch, hdc in next ch, 3 sc in last ch, working in free loops of beginning ch, hdc in next ch, dc in next ch, 2 dc in next ch; join with slip st to top of beginning ch, finish off.
Optional for Size Small Hat:
Small Rose: With Light Pink and using smaller size hook, ch 15, sc in third ch from hook, * skip next ch, work (sc, ch 3, sc) in next ch; repeat from * across, finish off. Roll petals into Rose shape and stitch into place.
Small Leaf: Work same as Small Leaf for Little Sweetheart.