Care Wear Patterns: Knit
Use: 2 (8 oz) skeins of 4-ply yarn; #10-13 needles
- You may use any size needles and two strands of baby or sport weight yarn.
- This is the old washcloth pattern.
- With the first 8 ounce skein, increase.
- *When there are too many stitches to continue working on the straight needles, switch to a circular needle. A 29" circular needle works well.
- Cast on 4 stitches.
- Row 1: Knit 2, yarn over (YO), knit to row end.
- Row 2: Knit 2, YO, knit to end of row.
- Continue these two rows of garter stitch (knit every row) until one edge of the triangle measure the length you desire the finished blanket to be (somewhere between 32" and 36").
- When you have reached this "halfway mark"(2 nd skein of yarn), continue as follows:
- Row 1: K1, k2tog, YO, k2tog, knit to row's end.
- Row 2: K1, k2tog, YO, k2tog, knit to row's end.
- Continue these two rows until 4 stitches remain.
- Bind off.