Care Wear Patterns: Knit
Preemie Size Spiral Knit Hat
(designed for Care Wear by Jane Dillsworth)
Use: 4 ply yarn; #8 and #10 circular knitting needles, 16" length; work in rounds joining each round; do not turn
- With #10 needle, cast on 42 sts, put marker on needle.
- With #8 needle, work in K1, P1 ribbing for 8 rounds, slip marker each round.
- Change to #10 needle and work in spiral pattern:
- Rounds 1-4: (K3, P3) repeat around.
- Rounds 5-8: P1, (K3, P3) repeat around, end last repeat with K3, P2.
- Rounds 9-12: P2 (K3, P3) repeat around, end last repeat with K3, P1.
- Rounds 13-16: (P3, K3) repeat around.
- Round 17: K1, (P2tog, P1, K2tog, K1) repeat around K1, take marker off needle, sl last K1 st onto left hand needle, put marker back on needle.
- Round 18: sl marker K2tog, K1, (P2, K2 ) repeat around, end with P2.
- Rounds 19-21: ( K2 , P2) repeat around.
- Round 22 - (K2tog, P2tog) repeat around, fasten off leaving 12" end, draw end through all remaining sts and pull tightly and secure. Fasten off.