- Most hospitals welcome afghans of crib size. Use your favorite pattern. For those of you who sew, consider making receiving blankets. Use regular flannel (non flame retardant) & cut into one yard lengths. Make a crochet edge using fingering yarn. Use any pattern you wish.
Use a size 10 steel hook, insert the hook into the flannel ¼ inch from the edge; draw up a loop even with edge of fabric, yarn over and draw through both loops on hook.
- Continue this blanket stitch working right to left.
- Ch 2 at corners. Change to a G hook
- *Sc in first st; ch 3, skip next st, sl st in next st*
- Continue from * to * around